
I've been very busy at work, teaching not only my regular load of seven classes, but also my once-yearly "block" with the Junior class in Music History.
All issues regarding my mother are on the back burner, in terms of my contribution to the group effort my brothers and I are making in terms of Moving Her Forward(TM)...even an inch.
I did some research over the past few months regarding upscale assisted living facilities, as well as some geriatric care managers (GCMs). Passing the info on to my brother J., I reiterated one more time that I'm not willing to do anything other than research and "support" jobs.
All of these facilities and GCMs are great...but they all pre-suppose that the client wants help, that the client answers the doorbell, and that the client either answers the phone semi-regularly or returns calls in a semi-timely manner. My mother meets none of these criteria.
There's lot of great "help" to be had in Eastern Massachusetts. The question is how to get her to interface with the "help". I think we're all a lot more stalled than we'd like to admit.
No comments:
Post a Comment